The EMPATIC (Empowering Autonomous Learning Through Information Competencies) project will create a framework for the effective exploitation of the results of the Lifelong Learning Programme (LLP) and related programmes relating to Information Literacy.
Its main aims are to:
- improve current perceptions among policy makers in Europe regarding the role, value and implementability of Information Literacy in learning
- pave the way for the extended piloting and eventual mainstreaming of information competencies in all levels of education and their integration in the reform of curriculum frameworks.
The core objectives of the project are to:
- draw together and valorise the results of previous Information Literacy initiatives and projects across the school, university, adult and vocational learning sectors
- use this evidence to influence policy makers’ perceptions and actions to support a marked increase in piloting and mainstreaming of Information Literacy
- have a significant impact on validating new learning paradigms and strategic thinking on curriculum reform.
Plenary sessions and workshops on Feb. 29, 2012, within EMMILE, will provide significant time for discussion and finalization of EMPATIC recommendations. (see under EMMILE Programme)
Useful resources: please, read the EMPATIC docs on IL available for public consultation and discussion here: https://emmile.wordpress.com/2012/01/30/docs-for-empatic-workshops/. Mail your comments to email@example.com
The content of the above mentioned documentation will be discussed during the EMPATIC Workshops on IL to be held on Feb. 29, 2012. We invite you to post your comments and suggestions as part of our wide consultation exercise. Many thanks!
Project funded by the European Commission under the Lifelong Learning Programme